Sunday 1 July 2012

Moving on

It's been awhile since my last post.

Lily is almost a year old now. She is chatting. She is crawling, pulling up and walking along furniture, showing a fierce diva-esque personality. She hits me in the face and laughs when I say no....

But she knocks my socks off every day. She is the joy, the essence of life.

My grandma passed away a few days ago. Before she left us I went to see her one last time. I brought Lily.

It was amazing to see the interaction between this 98 year old woman (who was virtually comatose the day before) and my beautiful daughter. As soon as we arrived, Grandma stirred and awoke. She locked eyes with Lily and they proceeded to have a silent, intimate conversation for a little more than a minute. Then, miraculously, Grandma reached out and "coochie coo'd" Lily under the arm. Dad and I sat there, amazed at what we were witnessing.

When we left, Grandma waved bye bye to Lily.

Dad told Grandma it was OK to go. She passed away that night. Rest in peace, Grandma. oxox

No comments:

Post a Comment